PNR stands for "Passenger Name Record".
Its a 10 Digit Unique Number generated when passenger books a Irctc train tickets.
By using PNR number passenger can check the latest status of his/her Irctc Train tickets if ticket is in waiting status.
PNR Status can be changed untill charting is not done.
Check of PNR status will give you all important information about your journey.It basically consist of two parts first one
is your ticket details and the second one is passanger details. Both of these information are associated with the PNR status.
Ticket Details consists below information in PNR Status -
- Train name/number: The train name and number on which you are going to travel.
- Reservation class: The reservation class in which you have booked your ticket.
- Date of Journey: The date on which you are going to start your journey.
- From Station- To Station: The station name/code from which you have booked your ticket as your source and destination station.
- Boarding Stations: You can select different boarding stations from which you are accessing your train seat than the
selected source and destination stations. If not selected then it same as your from-to station.
Passanger details consists below information in PNR status check -
- Number of passangers: Its shows the passanger number, it will not show any kind of name in the details.
- Booking Status (Coach, Seat, Quota): It consists information of your PNR status at the time of booking. It has
information about the coach, seat and quota like S2/PQWL/WL24
- Current Status: It consists information of your PNR status Live. It provides information at the current status whether your
ticket got confirmed or not and what is the current waiting list number of your PNR status. It has IRCTC PNR status live
information about your PNR like CNF or PQWL/WL23.
- Charting Status: It provides information about that charting status whether it has prepared or not. Generally charting
status changed before 6-7 hours before from your journey's sourece station time. It is very important factor in the IRCTC
PNR status because most of the time many waiting list tickets got confirmed at the time of charting done. When charting has
been done there is no further changes in your PNR status current status information.
PNR No situated at the top-left end of your Indian Railway train ticket.
Its a 10 digit number which will later can be used for tracking
ticket status.Any one can easily trach their train ticket status using trainforsure just in simple steps .
Fill your 10 digit PNR number in the above mentioned text box without using any '-' between its numbers,
Then click on "CHECK PNR STATUS" button and it will give PNR status within a few seconds .
In the below part of the PNR status
"Seat status" and "Charting Status" will be mentioned ,
which shows the current status of your train ticket current status
In the resent days Indian Railways started a call and SMS service to help those customers who dont have internet connetions easily available or who dont know how to search PNR status on internet using trainforsure like website .Below are the details to check PNR status using call and SMS hope it will help you out at some point when you dont have internet connection available .
Call : Just Dial 139 and follow the instructions.
SMS : SMS PNR [10 Digit PNR Number] to 139 Example: PNR 1234567890
Below is the official Indian Railway site to check PNR status. This site is maintained by Indian Railway Department.